- Breathe Life Into Your Slide Presentations
- In this Toastmasters International podcast, Dave Henson, known as The Slide Presentation Man, explains how he teaches people how to step up their presenting game and become effective visual communicators. Sharing tips from his 30-plus years of slide design, he can help you turn a nightmarish deck into a dream. Better Presentations: How to Stop...
- Why Lawyers Need Good Presentation Skills
- A contract, a successful tender or a referral may depend on a lawyer’s ability to address an audience. If your intention is to persuade, motivate, or educate so that people learn something new, change their view or answer your call to action, your words not only have to be heard, they have to be received. So,...
- The Three Keys to Public Speaking
- Public speaking is a skill involving elements available to all who work on them, writes Ian Hu in Slaw, Canada’s online legal magazine. Read about his three keys to public speaking.
- Withholding of Removal
- To be granted withholding of removal under section 241(b)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, a person must demonstrate that if returned to the country of origin he or she is more likely than not to be persecuted on account of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. There is...
- Wrongful Death
- A wrongful death lawsuit is a civil action brought by the survivors or the estate of a person who died due to the negligence or intentional actions of another. Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim? Each state has a specific set of rules governing wrongful death claims, including rules identifying who can file a...
- Workers’ Compensation
- If you are injured on the job, you may choose to hire a lawyer to make sure you are awarded proper benefits. A workers’ compensation lawyer can help you file a claim, answer your questions, and represent you at hearings. There are often disputes in workers’ compensation cases about what injuries were work-related, the level...
- Wills, Living Wills
- A will is a set of instructions that lists what will happen to your property once you die, names a guardian for your children and for your children’s property, how your debts and taxes will be paid, and what will happen to your pets. The core difference between a will and a living will is...
- Water Law
- Water law in the United States deals with the ownership, use, and protection of water as a natural resource. Some common issues all jurisdictions deal with include: Public regulation of waters and water bodies, including flood control, environmental regulation, and public health. The dichotomy between public and private rights in water, which include elements of...
- Unemployment Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation deals with unemployment insurance, which provides temporary benefits to a person who loses their job through no fault of their own. Similar to workers’ compensation, if you are seeking unemployment compensation you should make a claim for unemployment benefits during your first week of total or partial unemployment. Typically, to receive unemployment insurance...
- Trusts and Estates
- Everyone can benefit from estate planning. This is because your estate plan is more than just a list of who you want to give your property to. The plan includes additional documents such as a power of attorney, which gives someone the authority to make decisions on your behalf, and a medical directives guide, which...
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
Legal Services for Military Families are provided by our firm,which is proud to have had a United States Military Veteran as an attorney in our firm, who is now retired.
Contact UsSchofield & Spencer, P.A., Attorneys
1429 60th Ave W, Suite 300
Bradenton, FL 34207-4614
Email our attorneys